Canmore Mines locomotive No. 4, better known as the Goat, was built in 1905 as locomotive No. 1644, but came to Canmore in 1943 when the mine company bought it from the Canadian Pacific Railway for $5,000. A switcher steam locomotive, also known as a shunting boiler or yard goat, had six driving wheels, three on each side, giving it a 0-6-0 designation. Canmore Mines retired the Goat in 1963 and after it was refurbished and outfitted with a diesel engine, it was sent to Heritage Park in Calgary.